Experience Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Services
We've Got Extra Storage Space You Need!!!
Arrange, Organize and Stow Your Stuffs with a Plan in Mind.
Managing and efficiently deal with packing your items will take
time and concentration. Nevertheless, the up-front effort will
be well worth it when you’re able to easily unload and organize
your items at the storage unit. Here are some tips for packing:
Invest in Packaging Supplies
• Boxes should be sturdy enough to hold up for years under the weight of the stack. Invest in good quality, sturdy boxes and packing materials. You may be tempted to get boxes for free from supermarkets and liquor stores; however, the mismatched shapes and sizes will impede your ability to organize most effectively. You can buy standard-sized boxes and specialty boxes for items such as TVs, videotapes and pictures.
• Many moving companies require that goods be packed in boxes for transport. Use boxes, not plastic bags. Boxes are sturdier and stack well, taking up less space. Also, sealed plastic bags can trap humidity which can cause damaging mold and mildew.
• For wrapping breakables, paper will do, but bubble wrap can be used repeatedly, is cleaner, and because it is transparent, makes identifying contents easier.
• Most people end up needing more tape than they thought they would when packing. Extra Storage can help you estimate how much tape you’ll need for the number of boxes you’ll be packing. Some places sell tape that is pre-labeled.
Certain packing supplies are available for purchase at Extra Storage.
Stuffing in Boxes
• Put in the box everything that you can. Anything left unboxed in a self-storage facility can get dusty.
• The contents in half-empty boxes can shift during transport or lifting so fill boxes to capacity. Foam peanuts are handy for filling in the gaps in boxes. Corners and sides can collapse if there’s nothing to support them.
• Distribute the weight in packed boxes evenly. Make sure they are not too heavy for you and others who may be lifting them.
• Pack books flat in order to avoid damaging their spines.
• Label all boxes clearly on more than one side so you can easily identify the contents.
• Wrap all fragile items and breakables such as dishes, glasses, ornaments, etc. separately. Pack these items tightly into strong or reinforced boxes, filling any gaps with paper or filler. Mark “Fragile” on any boxes containing breakable items.
For additional packing solutions, click here!
Learn More About Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units!!
Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units are designed with the security of your belongings, your budget and convenience in mind. For all your personal and commercial storage needs, we have 24 hour on site management available.
Call Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units professional team at 1-619-427-2122 or
email us firstname.lastname@example.org